Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it under consideration for publication with another journal.
- The submission file is a Microsoft Word document.
- Citations are listed as endnotes, formatted as suggested by the Chicago Manual of Style. Endnotes are linked with superscript notes in the text.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining.
- All images and figures will be uploaded as separate files during the submission process. They are 300 dpi and permission has been obtained from the rightsholder.
- There is no identifying information in the manuscript file itself that would give away my identity to the blind reviewers (including headers and footers).
- I can provide both an English and French version of my abstract and keywords.
All manuscripts submitted for publication must be original work not published previously and not currently under consideration by any other publication.Â Papers submitted to the journal for publication need not have been presented at the Societyâ€™s annual meetings, nor must contributors be active members at the time they submit their work for publication.
All contributions will be peer reviewed byÂ French Colonial HistoryÂ editors andÂ editorial board members.
Papers appearing in French Colonial History must have a signed author publishing agreement on file. Please refer below to read through the agreement, and be ready to sign should your piece be accepted for publication.